Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

From Nature: Conversations with Ralph Waldo Emerson & Walt Whitman

From Nature: Conversations with Ralph Waldo Emerson & Walt Whitman Tube. Duration : 5.83 Mins.


This video consists of a compilation of quotes from the 19th century American transcendentalist poets Ralph Waldo Emerson and Walt Whitman about nature, humanity and philosophy recited over various footage that I shot around my home for a school project. Please feel free to rate and/or comment on the video if you would like. Thanks folks! CREDITS: Cast - Ralph Waldo Emerson (Andy Bailey), Walt Whitman (Jasper Gates) Film Footage - Shot on location (Houston, TX) with a Casio Exilim EX-S10 Digital Camera FROM NATURE ---- Emerson: "With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do." Whitman: "The past and present wilt—I have fill'd them, emptied them, And proceed to fill my next fold of the future." Emerson: "Few adult persons can see nature. Most persons do not see the sun." Whitman: "I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love, If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles. You will hardly know who I am or what I mean, But I shall be good health to you nevertheless, And filter and fibre your blood. Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you." Emerson: "We speak of nature in this manner, we have a distinct but most poetical sense in the mind." Whitman: "I am with you, you men and women of a generation, or ever so many generations hence, Just as you feel when you look on the river and sky, so I felt, Just as any of you is one of a living crowd, I was one of a crowd, Just as ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment